What to expect after vaccination
● On the arm where you got the shot: pain, redness, and/or swelling
● Throughout the rest of your body: tiredness, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, and/or nausea1
- The following symptoms accompany the anaphylaxis:
• Severe onset
• A sudden drop in blood pressure (60/20)
• filamentous pulse
• Darkening of consciousness
• Redness of the skin on the face
• Severe bronchospasm
• Severe breathing
• Hives, itching, and redness are symptoms of the rash
• Swelling of the tongue and lips
• Quincke's edema accompanied by the following symptoms
• Difficult breathing
• Feeling of suffocation
• Noisy breathing
• an unusual headache which seems worse when lying down or bending over or may be accompanied by
• blurred vision, nausea, and vomiting
• difficulty with your speech,
• weakness, drowsiness, or seizures
• new, unexplained pinprick bruising or bleeding
• shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling, or persistent abdominal pain.
2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine6.
It would be best if you kept using all the tools available to protect yourself and others until you are fully vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated, you need to follow the recommendations of the corresponding authorities2.
The data of Armenia's vaccinated citizens is recorded into the "ARMED" e-health system, and information about the vaccination and the QR-code may be obtained via the E-health Armed mobile application (Google Play/App Store).
* In the beginning of the vaccination process there have been reports of an extremely rare condition involving blood clots and unusual bleeding after the AstraZeneca and Janssen vaccines. This is being carefully reviewed, but the risk factors for this condition are not yet clear. Because of the high risk of complications and death from COVID-19, the MHRA, the World Health Organization and the European Medicines Agency have concluded that the balance is very much in favour of vaccination5.
1 Possible Side Effects After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine | CDC. (n.d.). Retrieved July 16, 2021
2 What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination - GOV.UK. (n.d.). Retrieved July 16, 2021
3 What to do before, during and after getting vaccinated for COVID-19 | UNICEF South Asia. (n.d.). Retrieved July 16, 2021